A while back, we started a small experiment where we’d write about cool Kenyan sites that we had come across. This experiment quickly got a life of its own and became a permanent weekly feature on Like Chapaa (thanks to all of you!).
Here are the 10 best sites that we covered in the year that was 2010:
(in no particular order)
- GetH20 – A (serious) game which simulates the complexity of life in the slums, the scarcity of resources, how to deal with them and prevent escalation of conflict. More.
- EasyFax – this is a website that provides virtual fax services, in Kenya! More.
- Nairobi Swahili this is the website of one Oloo, a Swahili teacher in Nairobi. More.
- Mara Enkipai a website of the Mara Enkipai Safari camp. More.
- Zynde – helps you manage your money better. More.
- Mukuru – allows you to quickly and easily send money to Kenyan mobile phones. More.
- Zetu – made in the mould of www.groupon.com, offering deals whereby you can buy stuff at discounted prices. More.
- GotIssuez – this is a place where you can rant and rate issues that affect you. More.
- eManamaba – promises to make travel simple and hassle free. More.
- BidhaaTele is a massive marketplace where you can find bidhaa tele to buy. More.
The Worst Offenders
- Zuqka – the lonely spam planet. More.
- The Kenya Revenue Authority – navigating it is like solving a puzzle. More.
- Miko Sonko – you’d expect better from THE Sonko. More.
- The Kenya Teachers’ Service Commission – nothing short of shameful. More.
- The Kenya Ministry of Education – does it even work? More.
What do you think of our list? Did we miss anything?
May you all have a lovely 2011! See you next year.