Meet Alborz Fallah, the owner of the famed owner of Car Advice. In 2008, Alborz’s blog was independently valued at $5.9 MILLION dollars. He now has a team of full time writers producing content and he gets to drive expensive cars, which he then writes about in his blog. And giess what? It all started with a computer in his bedroom.
Alborz was recently interviewed over at Yaro’s blog. Here’s some of the most important points to take away from the interview (in Yaro’s words):
- You can start a blog and choose top level categories in very competitive markets, if you niche it down based on geographical location. In other words, you can start a car blog and target just your country to differentiate it. There’s big bucks to be made as the leading blog in just one country for mainstream subjects.
- When you don’t know what topic to blog about, pick what you think might work and just put something out there and see what happens.
- You can build a significant blog based only on part time labor, if you are dedicated and get things done during the time you have available to work on the project.
- Sometimes, being controversial can do wonderful things for your traffic. Strong opinions will always stick out and grab attention.
- Search engine traffic is very powerful if you just do a few things right, like blog post titles in Alborz’s case.
- Think BIG with your blog, it doesn’t have to be just a small publication – consider taking things to the next level with the help of financial investors.