Do you have trouble explaining exactly what you do?
Are you confused or overwhelmed when it comes to making money online ?
Do you hate your current situation?
Are you tired of wasting precious hours and money looking for the perfect job opportunity?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you’ve come to the right place!
Let’s face it…With almost 3 million jobless sprawling the streets of our country and another 700,000 young school leavers pouring into the job market every year life couldn’t be tougher. With the infighting within the government and the worsening of our economy it means our future becomes even dimmer. The truth is, life is a misery out there.
While I am not an Economist, today you could change your life by just reading this piece .Simply put, I want to spill the beans and show you how you can turn your life. Am sure you have read articles here or else where on making money online but you still don’t know where to start.
If you can read, type or touch a mouse then you can do it.
FREELANCING is where you will start. And the secret is PASSION for what you do – something that holds interest, something that you find enjoyable, something that can motivate you or anything that creates hunger.
PASSION = the key ingredient of success
- Do you love reading? Then you can write.
- Are you always fascinated by data, research or figures? Then you can try web research or data entry projects.
What do you need?
- A computer, and Internet connection – You don’t need to own one. I myself started from a cyber café.
- Your Skills – Combined with passion. You cant succeed online if you are skeptical.
- Time – You need to treat this as a job. You will need to allocate this opportunity some time.
Once you have put this together then you are good to go.
How to get your first project
One of the first things you will need to do as a freelancer is decide on a brand for yourself.. Whatever it is you will need a business identity to work under and for clients to know you as. Along with your new name you will naturally need a logo, business cards and a website. Remember that you are now a business and all your materials need to be polished and professional.
Building a Killer Portfolio
Tip: Go to Google, Browse and see how top freelancers have crafted theirs. You are not here to invent the wheel are you?
What To Include:
- An introduction of some sort – usually just a statement is best
- Your services, or else how will anyone know what you do?
- Examples of your previous work.
- Contact details.
Where do you find work?
This is where the challenge lies. Where do you find your first jobs and indeed your later jobs too? And what do you put in your portfolio?
What If you don’t Have The Experience
If you have nothing to show for yourself for whatever reason then you had either better be a great talker or find something to put as a sample. How to go about it:
- Create an imaginary job for yourself and execute it.
- Offer your services for free to people online
- Talk to your last employer into allowing you to show some of your old work for a specific period of time.
How To Build Your Portfolio
Offer your services for free and ask if its possible to get a testimonial. Alternatively you can use the work(sample) for your portfolio. You can try this by looking at
- Becoming A guest blogger
- Getting Work-Unlimited Work
- Demand studios
- Project 4 hire
What it if you find it hard to find work
In any case it’s difficult for a client to hire you on the strength of your word alone then try free pitching, where the potential client will ask you to do some of the work prior to payment.
Once you have worked a fair amount of jobs, you should find that you steadily get an increase in repeat work and referral work and that you depend less and less on new jobs. If this is not the case
- you are either too expensive,
- getting the wrong types of clients or
- not good enough at your work (which in turn means you’re too expensive)
There you have it. Go out and make some money today and change your life. Remember whatever you decide to do, just remember that nothing happens until you take action.
Or, in the words of the great Abe Lincoln…
“Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle.”
Are you waiting, or are you hustling? It’s up to you…
Here’s to Your Future Success,