I came across a very interesting Android application for your mobile phone – pesaDroid.
As much as I loathe Safaricom sometimes, I cannot live without my MPESA. Problem is, MPESA text messages are deleted (by me) as soon as I get them …. which unfortunately means I often cannot keep a record of who paid me or what payments I made. Don’t even mention that I then have to spend Kshs 1/- to find out my MPESA balance. This is where pesaDroid comes in, it helps you to monitor your MPESA transactions. specifically, it offers the following features:
- Ability to scan your SMS inbox and retrieve MPESA transactions
- Ability to store the transaction data in an internal database so that evidence of a transaction persists even after the SMS is deleted.
- Ability to generate regular statements from these transactions
- Ability to send the statements to your email address.
- Ability to send us feedback for improvement of the service.
This nifty little app is available for sale on the Android market at Kshs 256.84
More information: pesaDroid
What do you think of pesaDroid?